Paul Valencic joined Maloney + Novotny LLC in 2000. During his time with the firm, Paul has served clients in a variety of industries including commercial and industrial services, wholesale and distribution, professional services, real estate and construction.
Paul has experience in all phases of assisting clients in tax and business advisory engagements. He oversees the Firm’s state and local tax practice, while also specializing in the areas of business and personal tax planning and compliance. This includes review and consulting on state tax nexus issues, state income and sales tax matters, voluntary disclosure agreement procedures and recommendations, state tax credit applicability, tax return and filing requirements, and research involving income, estate, and gift tax issues at both the federal and state levels.
Paul has developed a strong background in several specialized areas including:
- Business and individual tax planning and research
- Business consolidations and combinations
- Multi-state income tax and sales tax nexus, filing and compliance consideration
- Tax credits and planning at the federal, state, county and local level
- Multi-state tax research and planning
- Voluntary disclosure agreements and amnesty programs for state taxing agencies
- Representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service, state and local agencies
Paul graduated Magna Cum Laude from Cleveland State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. He became a Certified Public Accountant in 1998.
Paul is a member of the Tax Section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Nexia’s State and Local Tax Association. In the community, Paul is active in the city of Kirtland’s elementary school and enjoys coaching several of the city of Kirtland’s youth athletic programs.